Who we are
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information how we use it and how we keep it secure. It only applies to information we collect about you when you visit the website, whenever you contact us or become involved with us in any way. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using the website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and the privacy practices, please contact us.
- Introduction – who we are
- What information will motivum fashion collect about me?
- How will my information be used?
- When will motivum fashion contact me?
- Will I be contacted for fundraising and marketing purposes?
- What is motivum fashion’s legal basis for processing my personal data?
- Will motivum fashion share my personal information with anyone else?
- What about Financial information?
- External Links
- Offensive and inappropriate content on motivum fashion’s website
- How long will motivum fashion keep my information?
- Security of your information
- Can I find out what personal information motivum fashion holds about me & my access rights?
- How to make a complaint?
1. Introduction – who we are
motivum fashionis the Data Controller and is committed to protect the rights of individuals in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaces the DPA. We want our services to be safe for our audience. This Policy relates to the data which is processed by motivum fashiononly.
We are registered as self-employed, the registered office address is 68 Cedar Way, Guildford, GU1 1JG.
2. What information will motivum fashion collect about me and why?
The type of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it and when we collect it from you.
We may collect information when:
- you visit the website;
- you contact us in email, phone call
- you contact us through social media platforms;
- you meet us at an event and you give your information to us;
- you make an order through the website, social media platforms, email, phone or any other way;
- you make a payment;
- you subscribe or respond to mailings; and
- you request information.
Please see ‘How will my information used’ below for information as to why we hold your information and data and how it might be used.
The personal information we collect might include:
- your name, address and email address and contact preferences;
- telephone and mobile numbers;
- details of your visit to the website including your IP address and information regarding what pages are accessed and when; and
- other information you share with us necessary regarding your order (names, ages, sizes, contact details such as postal address, phone numbers, etc.)
3. How will my information be used?
We will mainly use the data we collect to:
- process orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes about our services;
- in the case of photographs, to promote and advertise the work of motivum fashion but always with the prior approval of those identifiable in the photograph (approval by email, phone call or through social media);
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about offers, events and newsletters.
4. When will ‘motivum fashion’ contact me?
We will contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the service;
- in relation to any orders or purchases you have made;
- in relation to any correspondence received from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any changes related to our privacy policies and practices;
- communication purposes, as set out in below section.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you communication emails and posts or contact you on any platforms where you have agreed to this or we have a legitimate interest to do so under data protection law.
We offer a regular newsletter to let you know about our business and its activities, services, events, offers, news or any interesting facts about our business. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on our business – but you can always opt out by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ or contacting us.
You can change your preferences at any time by contacting me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0775 896 0242.
6. What is ‘motivum fashion’ legal basis for processing my personal data?
The Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation require us to process personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently.
We will therefore be clear with you about how we will use your data and why we are entitled to do so.
When we collect and use your personal information, we will make sure this is only done in accordance with at least one of the legal grounds available under data protection law.
One of these is where we have obtained your specific consent to use your information for a previously notified purpose, such as to send you email/text marketing or to provide you with a product, service or information at your request.
Another is where we have a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you – for instance, where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
In certain instances, we may collect and use personal information where this is necessary because of our business’s legitimate interest, this includes being able to:
- send your order via post and we need more information about your address or any contact details in order to fulfil your order
In all cases, we balance legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Policy and that does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing preferences.
Where we process sensitive personal data, we will make sure that we only do so in accordance with one of the additional lawful grounds for processing such as where we have your explicit consent, or you have made that information manifestly public. When we do this, we will tell you what sensitive personal data we collect and why.
we always handle your personal data securely and minimise its use, and your interests are not overridden by using your personal information for these purposes
we will be always responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal data, and can be contacted at email@example.com
7. Will ‘motivum fashion’ share my personal information with anyone else?
- we will not sell or pass your information to third parties other than in the circumstances set out in this Policy.
- we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- In other cases, we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this Policy, when we have your permission, required or entitled to do so by law.
We may allow our suppliers to access and use your personal data to allow them to perform services on our behalf (e.g. payment processing). In these circumstances we will not give these organisations any rights to use your personal information except to provide services to us and in accordance with our instructions.
8. What about Financial information?
Financial information is never used and stored on the website or in any other ways.
9. External Links
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
10. Offensive and inappropriate content on ‘motivum fashion’ website
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to the ‘motivum fashion’ website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour ‘motivum fashion’ may remove such content.
Where ‘motivum fashion’ reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, ‘motivum fashion’ may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. ‘motivum fashion’ would only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including GDPR.
11. How long will ‘motivum fashion’ keep my information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example to fulfil an order). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. ‘motivum fashion’ is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
12. Security of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make my best effort to ensure its security on my systems.
13. Can I find out what personal information ‘motivum fashion’ holds about me & my access rights?
Under the Data Protection Act and GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information ‘motivum fashion’ holds about you and your rights to be informed, rights of access, rights to rectification, rights to erasure, rights to restrict processing, rights to data portability, rights to object, rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you request the details of the personal information, we hold about you we may ask you for an administration fee of £20.00. If you wish to do so, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity in writing to us:
Krisztina Koch – firstname.lastname@example.org
68 Cedar Way, Guildford, GU1 1JG
14. How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed by us, you may in the first instance contact us on the details show above.
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in March 2020.